Terms & Conditions
We at Sydney Essential Health are dedicated to providing every Patient with the highest standard of service. Please find listed below the pertinent terms and policies consistent with such standards within our practice. Our policies aim to allow equality of service to all Patients and it is not our intention to exclude anybody from being able to access our services. If any of the policy wordings needs further explanation, please feel free to discuss this with our office administration.
Disclaimer: Please note we reserve the right to change, add or remove any conditions in the stated policies as we feel necessary and appropriate or as impacted by associated regulatory bodies, to enable the most efficient and professional administration in our practice.
- Private fee paying Patients can access our health services without a referral.
- Patients who are eligible for Compulsory Third Party (CTP) or Workcover funding must provide a medical referral for physiotherapy treatment, as part of their claims process. However, there are certain other conditions that must be met before bulk billing can be arranged.
- Patients issued with Gold/White cards from the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) will be eligible for fully subsidised physiotherapy treatment when presenting with an appropriate medical referral, within the previous six months (in accordance with current DVA policy).
Billing & Accounts
- It is expected that all fees are paid at the time of consultation.
- We accept cash, cheques, EFTPOS, credit cards (excluding American Express & Diners).
- If you have private health insurance, please bring your membership card to enable an immediate rebate (via HICAPS) for your convenience.
- At the end of each month, a fully itemised account will be issued for any outstanding payments, with payment terms, strictly 7 days. Failure to render full payment within these terms will result in your account being referred to our debt collecting agency. Any additional costs incurred will be added to your account.
- A 24 hour cancellation policy does apply to your consultation appointment times. Failure to provide 24 hours notice when changing appointments will result in normal consultation fees being charged.
- If you are unable to attend your scheduled appointment, the practice will, when able, provide you with an alternative appointment time on your scheduled day of service, so as to avoid a cancellation fee being charged.
Late & Missed Appointments
- Patients arriving late to an appointment, but within their appointed time slot, may receive a shorter consultation in an effort not to inconvenience other client's waiting.
- Patients who either arrive late, or miss an entire appointment, will be charged the full consultation fee.